Bringing Arts and Culture to life in your classrooms – register for Artsmark now
If you have already signed up to the new Artsmark you are eligible to attend an Artsmark Development Day – click here for more details and to book your place.
Arts Council England believes every child should have the opportunity to create, compose, and perform, as well as to visit, experience, participate in and review extraordinary work.
Designed by schools for schools, Artsmark will help you deliver high quality arts and culture provision, and provide you with an excellent way to demonstrate this.
► enriches children’s and young people’s learning through high quality art and cultural education that continues to inspire well-beyond their learning years
► helps schools to meet its social, moral, cultural and spiritual requirements for Ofsted, by encouraging pupils to engage with a range of artistic, musical and cultural opportunities
► protects the arts in schools by enriching a school’s curriculum through high quality art and cultural education
Artsmark Briefings for schools
To help you understand the new Artsmark process we're running a series of briefings. These twilight events will give you all the details you need to start your Artsmark journey, the next round of briefing sessions will be held from 4pm – 5:30pm on the following dates and locations:
- Monday 12th December 2016 – Goole – book now
- Monday 23rd January 2017 – Halifax
- Wednesday 22nd February – Rotherham
- Monday 13th February – Harrogate
- Tuesday 7th March – Beverley
for more information on the 2017 sessions and to book on to one of the events please click HERE
If you sign up to start your Artsmark journey you will then also be eligible to attend a Development Day. The first ones are now available to book with more to come throughout the school year. Details of your local Development Day will be distributed to you after you sign up but there is a list available here. On theat page you can also find out more about the on-going support offer from CapeUK.
Special Offers for Schools
CapeUK is working with arts and cultural organisations to create special offers for schools in our region to support those who sign up to the Artsmark network and to reward those who already have Artsmark.
There are now more than more than 50 offers from arts and cultural organisations across Yorkshire and the Humber. They range across discounted workshops, taster sessions or performance tickets; exclusive CPD opportunities and theatre/artist visits.
If you are an arts and cultural organisation interested in making an Artsmark Offer for schools then please contact email@example.com
Some of the many benefits the new Artsmark can bring to you and your pupils are:
- access to exceptional resources as well as networks of the country’s most treasured cultural organisations, helping you develop and strengthen your arts provision
- evidence of how you are meeting social, moral, cultural and spiritual requirements for Ofsted
- a way to celebrate your school’s strengths and help achieve ambitions for the future
- a way to enrich your curriculum with the arts. Artsmark can help introduce the joys of creating, performing and composing to your pupils, and help build the confidence, resilience and drive that will see them grow into happy, articulate, successful young people.
The new Artsmark can also:
- help you to meet the new Ofsted Framework around areas such as Broad and Balanced curriculum, SMSC, Character, Leadership and Vision
- support whole school planning and school improvement
- enable the use of the arts as a mechanism for addressing specific school priorities such as closing the gap
- provide a mechanism for what most teachers have to do anyway i.e. development planning.
To find out more and register your school please visit www.artsmark.org.uk